About Me

My photo
This site is due to be discontinued... Kindly go to this site instead http://foreverframedstudio.com/ :)

Monday, August 1, 2011

Photo 30: Wet and (and not so) Wild!

Waking up to a lazy rainy morning gave me an idea to redo my Photo 8. With my brother still asleep, I went to my DIY buddy, Danny Boy.

I have a hunch that the most common question that I'll be getting with this shot is "how fast was your shutter speed?"

It was 10 seconds :)

Yep you read it right! How did that happen??
Instead of using the shutter to freeze the moment, I used flashes instead. The speed of light is faster than the fastest shutter speed available!

So can I share my set-up for this shot? Of course I can... BUT where's the fun in that?? :D
I researched this stuff on my own and I learned by doing the experiments myself! So you should too :)

I'll help out though by at least sharing the key elements :)
To get background information, I researched on High Speed Photography. For the actual shot, I had a key light, kicker lights, remote trigger for the lights, and a water gun.

So there you have it. Good luck if you decide to try it out yourself :)

Oh and here's a failed attempt. I aimed too low and Danny Boy evaded the shot :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers