About Me

My photo
This site is due to be discontinued... Kindly go to this site instead http://foreverframedstudio.com/ :)

Monday, March 28, 2011

Photo 13: 5-Minute Shoot with Tanya

Jerica and I met up with her friends at Eastwood.
I didn't have an entry yet for the week so I commissioned our pretty (and single) friend Tanya to model for me :D

I've had my share of flirting with security guards in the past, so I was almost certain that it would only be a matter of time before one approached us as we took some pictures. I was determined to make it into a quick 5-minute shoot because probably in 6-10mins, we'd be shooed away by security (they seem to have an agenda against DSLR users).

This was shot at F1.4 to blur out the background and a single speedlight was placed behind Tanya to serve as a kicker light.

Using external flashes, even just one, will do wonders for your pic. I highly encourage those with flashes to start using them off-cam.

For comparison, here's a pic of Tanya WITHOUT any flashes
It's an ok picture, but without the flash, Tanya doesn't stand out that much.

Well of course you need to learn some proper mixing too, since if you use too much, the pic also won't look as good

All these photos were shot with a D700 and an 85mm F1.4 prime lens. The SB900 at the back was triggered via CLS with my pop-up flash as the commander (Oh yeah!! Nikon CLS rocks!! :D).

Thanks Tanya for modelling! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers