About Me

My photo
This site is due to be discontinued... Kindly go to this site instead http://foreverframedstudio.com/ :)

Monday, March 14, 2011

Photo 11: Red Cross

A good friend asked me if I would be interested in helping out the Makati Branch of Red Cross. Of course why not?? I mean, a chance for me to help out a humanitarian organization with my photography?? I'd be happy to do it! :D

So last weekend I went to their office and took some pictures, which they will be using in their website, reports, and other multimedia stuff.



This is Rey Alicante, one of the rescuers of their branch. The rescuers are highly trained and they get to use some really cool stuff that I only usually see in Med-related TV shows :p

They wanted a shot of the equipment so they laid them all out, but I wanted to make it more personal so I asked Rey to pose in front of their gears. Although it was a bright day, the light was a little lacking in the room, so I used a couple of speedlights to evenly illuminate the place and Rey.

It was a really cool experience, meeting the people of Red Cross, the officers, the trainers, the volunteers, and everyone else (even the dog na masungit sa akin). It's given me more appreciation of the organization and of what they do. Ma'am Shirley hope you're reading this, thanks again for the hospitality :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers