About Me

My photo
This site is due to be discontinued... Kindly go to this site instead http://foreverframedstudio.com/ :)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jerica - My First Post for 2011!

From 2009-2010, I did a weekly project for a whole year wherein I explored different lighting set-ups and shared them on-line. It was a huge success for me as it helped me push my creativity and hone my lighting skills.

So now as I welcome 2011, I am restarting my weekly project :)
I look forward to challenging myself further and hopefully produce stunning images in the process.


My very first post for the year is of my gorgeous fiancée :)
As you've probably noticed, this is also the image that I used for this site's background. Hehe.


 

I wanted to do something really simple to start things off, and for me to go back to the basics (having a solid foundation is very important!). So I only used 1 light. It was a speedlight in a portable 60x60cm softbox. It was positioned like so:

The key here is getting the softbox as close as possible to Je's face. This made the light falloff drastic within just a very short distance, which meant that Je's left side was well lit while the right side was in shadow. This also made the light nice and soft, and the softbox didn't light up the background (which was a black backdrop).


So there you have it... My very first post for the year :)
I hope that this is the start of a very good activity for me! Feel free to ask me questions if you have any, and check on my site from time to time to see my progress :)


Technical details of this photo:

Camera - Nikon D700

Lens - Samyang 85mm f1.4
Aperture - F10
Shutter - 1/160

ISO - 200
Lighting - SB800 + 60x60cm Portable Softbox

1 comment:

Followers