About Me

My photo
This site is due to be discontinued... Kindly go to this site instead http://foreverframedstudio.com/ :)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Photo 34: My PS3 Buddy

Ok, I'm about 3 entries behind schedule! I hate to admit it, but I think I'm on a slump...
No current projects, no fascinating subjects, no beautiful models, or no interesting concepts to shoot...

Perfect!! It's during these times that I have to push myself and my creativity to come up with new ideas. It's the perfect opportunity for me to learn something new.

I sat back and thought to myself... What do I need to improve more in my photography stuff?
I haven't been shooting much black and white pics, and I haven't been doing a lot of product shots...

So I decided to challenge myself by taking a photo of some mundane item and make it look artistic in black and white.

Surprisingly, the lighting concepts that I do for model shoots are the same lighting concepts I use for product shots. For this photo, I had two kicker lights on the sides to add separation and a key light smack in the middle as the main light. The most important aspect of this set-up? It was probably the setting up behind the scenes that I did before the actual shoot... The controller was really dirty with libag so I had to clean it with alcohol and cotton buds :D

This is actually fun... I think I'll experiment some more and I think I can still do more improvements...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers