About Me

My photo
This site is due to be discontinued... Kindly go to this site instead http://foreverframedstudio.com/ :)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Photo 4: Double Feature!

I had two shooting sessions for the week and I didn't know which picture to post... So then I asked myself, why not make this a double feature??

Why not?? :D

I picked out two photos from the two sessions, and here they are...

First featured photo: Li-Anne
Li-Anne was my batchmate when I joined Thomson Reuters (Thomson Financial way back then). She asked me to be the 2nd/back-up photographer for her wedding. The main photog was really busy with her and I really didn't want to get in the way, so I was mostly just taking stolen shots whenever I could.
I was observing from the side when I saw this shot... This was straight from the camera, and no editing was done (just minor cropping to straighten it out). I just used ambient light here and a really big aperture opening of f1.4.

Technical details:
Camera - Nikon D700
Lens - Samyang 85mm F1.4
Aperture - F1.4
Shutter - 1/320
ISO - 1600


Second featured photo: Gian

A group of friends asked me to have their photos taken. It was a fun session and we were laughing mostly the whole time :D  Although they did remind me how old I have become and that my age is almost out of the calendar already! :D

Again, no editing was done on this pic :)
A single speedlight was used here, fired at camera right via CLS. It was actually around noon at that time and the sun was high up. The speedlight made it look like it was in the morning and the sun has just come up. It also served as a kicker light to create more separation from the background.

The set-up looked like this:


Technical details:
Camera - Nikon D700
Lens - Nikkor 50mm F1.4 AFD
Aperture - F2.0
Shutter - 1/1250
ISO - 200
Lighting - Bare SB800

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers